Matrimonial Preliminary Conference Notice
Matrimonial preliminary conferences are governed by Uniform Rule §202.16(f). Full compliance with this rule is required. In particular, please note the following:
- A Statement of Net Worth and Retainer Agreement are to be filed with the Court no later than 10 days prior to the preliminary conference. Domestic Relations Law § 236B(4)(a) requires each party to file a statement of net worth with the clerk of the court within 10 days after joinder of issue.
- Additionally, the Court and opposing counsel must be provided with a copy of the net worth statement at the time of the conference.
- Both parties must be personally present in court at the time of the conference.
- The matters to be considered at the conference may include:
- applications for pendente lite relief, including interim counsel fees;
- compliance with the requirement of compulsory financial disclosure, including the exchange and filing of a supplemental statement of net worth indicating material changes in any previously exchanged and filed statement of net worth;
- simplification and limitation of issues;
- settlement of all or some portions of the case;
- the establishment of a timetable for the completion of all disclosure proceedings, provided that all such procedures must be completed within six months from the date of the conference.