Family Court


Family Court - Central Islip
400 Carleton Avenue
Central Islip, NY 11722
631-740-3800 - General Clerk 

Family Court - Riverhead
Arthur M. Cromarty Court Complex
210 Center Drive, 2nd Floor
Riverhead, NY 11901
631-852-3905/6 - General Clerk

Coronavirus Emergency Inquiries



Supervising Judge
Hon. Caren Loguercio

Chief Clerk
Mike Williams

Deputy Chief Clerk
Dawn Kettle

Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. Family Court is closed on weekends and on holidays.


The Suffolk County Family Court is located in Central Islip, New York, and maintains a facility in Riverhead, New York. Case assignment is dependent upon the geographical location of the parties.

The Family Court was established in 1962 in each county of the State, as a successor to Children's Court. Individuals, attorneys, and agencies may initiate a proceeding in the Family Court with the filing of a petition. Petition forms are available through this website, or upon request from the General Clerk's Office.

Petitions may be filed in the Family Court to enforce or modify an order of another court including support, custody and visitation provisions of Supreme Court divorce judgements. However, divorce or separation matters are under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Supreme Court, and may not be filed in Family Court.

Child support and spousal support payments (other than "pay direct") are handled through the Child Support Enforcement Bureau (CSEB), an agency of New York State. Accounting questions including arrears, issues pertaining to the suspension of licenses(drivers', recreational or professional), income tax or lottery interceptions, restraint of assets, or Department of Taxation and Finance Tax warrant inquiries should be directed to CSEB.

Integrated Domestic Violence Parts (IDV) are under the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court, and are under the "one judge, one family" precept, enabling members of a family to address Family Court, Criminal Court (District Court), and matrimonial issues before a single judge.

Family Court personnel will only provide procedural information, forms and/or guidelines concerning "how to proceed" in this court. Court personnel cannot provide you with legal advice.