Supreme Court - Kings County
Honorable Richard Velasquez
Principal Law Clerk: Tamara R. Slogosky-Ortiz, Esq.
Secretary: Sylvia Rodriguez
Court Clerk: Shauntel Wilson
Courtroom Phone: (347) 296-1118
Part Email: KSCCVPART66@nycourts.gov
EFFECTIVE APRIL 20, 2022 PART 66 WILL REQUIRE IN PERSON APPEARANCES FOR ALL MATTERS SCHEDULED IN PART 66.
DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL CHAMBERS. PURSUANT TO NEW YORK STATE RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT, RULE 3.5, THE BAR IS REMINDED THAT EX-PARTE COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE COURT IS PROHIBITED. Do not call chambers to ask a substantive and/or procedural legal question or request information on a case. Chambers staff is not permitted to provide guidance or advice to attorneys or litigants. Inquiries regarding scheduling, the entry of orders, or case status, receipt of motion papers should be directed to the courtroom, never to chambers. The courtroom Part Court Clerk Ms. Shauntel Wilson can be reached at 347-296-1118. DO NOT EMAIL OR CALL CHAMBERS with these questions. Letter writing campaigns to the court will not be entertained.
PART 66 HAS TWO CALENDARS A GENERAL CALENDAR AND AN ORAL ARGUMENT CALENDAR.
GENERAL CALENDAR: 1st call is at 9:45am, 2nd Call is at 10:30am
- General motion calendar is heard every Wednesday.
- Motions on the general motion calendar may be adjourned, settled or withdrawn.
- Motions on the general motion calendar may NOT be submitted.
- Settlements, adjournments or withdrawals, shall be filed appropriately, E-FILED and if your case is not e-file they can be emailed to the part email KSCCVPART66@nycourts.gov. All settlements, adjournments or withdrawals must be received by 11:00 A.M. on the motion calendar date. All correspondence must be on notice to all parties.
- Upon a motion being fully briefed the parties may make, an application to put it on the oral argument calendar on the next available date. No oral argument will be heard on the day of the application to place a motion on the oral argument calendar.
ORAL ARGUMENT CALENDAR: 1st call is at 10:00am, 2nd Call is at 10:30am
- Oral argument calendar is heard every Wednesday
- Adjournment requests for motions on the oral argument calendar will not be entertained. If there is an emergency you may call the part clerk at 347-296-1118.
PARTIES WHO HAVE ANSWERED “READY” MUST REMAIN IN THE COURTROOM. IF YOU LEAVE FOR ANY REASON, YOU MUST INFORM THE COURT CLERK OF YOUR WHEREABOUTS AND A NUMBER TO REACH YOU AT PRIOR TO LEAVING THE COURTROOM. COUNSEL IS ADVISED THAT IF A MOTION HAS BEEN MARKED READY AND NO ONE APPEARS TO ARGUE THE MOTION WHEN IT IS CALLED TO BE HEARD, A DEFAULT MAY BE TAKEN AGAINST THE PARTY WHO ANSWERED READY AND THEN FAILED TO APPEAR.
- This Court will entertain requests for Settlement Conferences. Requests for Settlement Conferences may be made by calling the Part Clerk at 347-296-1118 all applications must be on notice to all parties.
- All subpoenas must be reviewed by the Subpoena Records, Room 648. Subpoenas that are not submitted to the Subpoena Records Room will not be entertained. Subpoenas must comply with the CPLR. Subpoenas will not be signed unless the records are going to the subpoena record room.
- Hearings will be scheduled by the Court upon submission of all required documents. Any adjournments must be obtained through chambers. All parties must appear for a hearing unless appearance was otherwise waived. Defense counsel must be noticed on all applications and documents submitted to the court and must appear at the hearing, unless their appearance was waived. Where defendants waive their appearance at the compromise hearing, it must be in writing and provided to the court.
- Infant Compromise petitions must comply with CPLR §1208.
- Upon submission of all required documents, a Hearing will be scheduled and conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams. Counsel for plaintiffs must appear at the hearings with their clients. Adjournments must be obtained through chambers.
- Requests for interpreter services must be made before the date of scheduling the hearing.