Principal Law Clerk: Tamara R. Slogosky-Ortiz, Esq.
Court Clerk: Shauntel Wilson
Secretary: Ana Moreno-Dejesus
Courtroom Phone: (347) 296-1118
Chambers Phone: (347) 296-1600
Chambers Fascimile: (212) 720-9304 Part Email: KSCCVPART66@nycourts.gov
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THE FOLLOWING RULES SHALL TAKE EFFECT JUNE 25, 2021 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: ALL CONFERENCES AND HEARINGS SHALL BE CONDUCTED VIRTUALLY VIA MICROSOFT TEAMS ****This court shall send notices, alerts and schedule virtual appearances via efile. Please ensure that your appearance alert system (elaw, ecourts, NYSCEF, etc.) is working properly and is current and correct and that all of your efile contact information (including email that you will be using for virtual conferences) is current and correct. This court strongly recommends e-filing all cases****
DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL CHAMBERS. PURSUANT TO NEW YORK STATE RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT, RULE 3.5, THE BAR IS REMINDED THAT EX-PARTE COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE COURT ARE PROHIBITED. Do not call chambers to ask a substantive and/or procedural legal question or request information on a case. Chambers staff is not permitted to provide guidance or advice to attorneys or litigants. Inquiries regarding scheduling, the entry of orders, or case status, receipt of motion papers should be directed to the courtroom, never to chambers. The courtroom Part Court Clerk Ms. Shauntel Wilson can be reached at 347-296-1118. DO NOT EMAIL OR CALL CHAMBERS with these questions.
PART 66 HAS TWO CALENDARS A GENERAL CALENDAR AND AN ORAL ARGUMENT CALENDAR. ALL MOTIONS WILL REMAIN ON THE GENERAL CALENDAR UNTIL THEY ARE FULLY BRIEFED. FULLY BRIEFED MEANS, OPPOSITION HAS BEEN SERVED AND FILED. All Orders to Show Cause that are on the general motion calendar will be given an oral argument date you will receive a virtual invitation with the date and time of the oral argument.
**ONCE A MOTION HAS BEEN FULLY BRIEFED THE COURT WILL SEND OUT A COURT NOTICE WITH THE DATE AND TIME FOR ORAL ARGUMENT AND THE LINK TO THE VIRTUAL ORAL ARGUMENT. If oral argument is scheduled and any party wishes to submit reply, said reply must be filed 2 days before the scheduled oral argument date in accordance with CPLR.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19 THERE WILL BE NO PERSONAL APPEARANCE FOR THE GENERAL MOTION CALENDAR. UNTIL THE COURTHOUSE IS REOPENED TO ATTORNEYS THERE WILL NOT BE A CALL OF THE GENERAL CALENDAR. ALL MOTIONS ON THE GENERAL CALENDAR WILL BE ADJOURNED ADMINISTRATIVELY, ATTORNEYS MAY ADJOURN A MOTION TO A SPECIFIC WEDNESDAY BY STIPULATION. STIPULATIONS SHOULD BE E-FILED. IF YOUR CASE IS NOT E-FILE STIPULATIONS CAN BE SENT THE PART EMAIL AT KSCCVPART66@nycourts.gov.
IF A MATTER HAS APPEARED ON THE GENERAL CALENDAR 2 TIMES AND NO OPPOSITION HAS BEEN FILED THE MOVING PARTY MAY SUBMIT A PROPOSED ORDER said order must state the number of times the matter has been on and that no opposition has been filed. the proposed orders can be emailed to the part email at KSCCVPART66@nycourts.gov. ALL EMAILS TO THE PART EMAIL MUST INCLUDE ALL PARTIES.
**ALL ORAL ARGUMENT VIRTUAL CONFERENCE DATES ARE SUBJECT TO UNIFORM RULE 202.27**
GENERAL MOTION CALENDAR
- General motion calendar is heard every Wednesday.
- Motions on the general motion calendar may be adjourned, settled, or withdrawn.
- Motions on the general motion calendar may NOT be submitted.
- Settlements, adjournments or withdrawals, shall be filed appropriately, E-FILED and if your case is not e-file they can be emailed to the part email KSCCVPART66@nycourts.gov. All settlements, adjournments, or withdrawals must be received by 11:00 A.M. on the motion calendar date. All correspondence must be on notice to all parties.
- Upon a motion being fully briefed the parties may make, an application to put it on the oral argument calendar on the next available date. No oral argument will be heard on the day of the application to place a motion on the oral argument calendar.
- An application for oral argument may be made by BY EMAILING THE PART EMAIL AT KSCCVPART66@nycourts.gov Applications must be on notice to all parties.
- ALL MOTIONS FULLY BRIEFED WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR ORAL ARGUMENT BY THE COURT AND A COURT NOTICE WILL BE SENT TO ALL PARTIES WITH THE DATE AND TIME OF THE VIRTUAL ORAL ARGUMENT.
ORAL ARGUMENT CALENDAR
- Oral argument dates will be scheduled by the Court.
- All appearances will be conducted via Microsoft Teams. All virtual invitations include a dial-in number for parties who are unable to appear virtually. Please do not call or email chambers that the link is not working, if it is not working use the call-in number provided.
- All necessary documents shall be annexed (see CPLR § 2214(c)).
- Adjournment requests for motions on the oral argument calendar will not be entertained. If there is an emergency you may call the part clerk at 347-296-1118 or email the part email KSCCVPART66@nycourts.gov
- If there is a video exhibit to your motion please email a link to said video to the Law clerk one day prior to your oral argument.
- This Court will entertain requests for Settlement Conferences. Requests for Settlement Conferences may be made by calling the Part Clerk at 347-296-1118 or emailing the part email at KSCCVPART66@nycourts.gov all applications must be on notice to all parties.
- All subpoenas must be reviewed by the Subpoena Records, Room 648. Subpoenas that are not submitted to the Subpoena Records Room will not be entertained. Subpoenas must comply with the CPLR.
- Hearings will be scheduled by the Court upon submission of all required documents. Any adjournments must be obtained through chambers. All parties must appear for a hearing unless appearance was otherwise waived. Defense counsel must be noticed on all applications and documents submitted to the court and must appear at the hearing unless their appearance was waived. Where defendants waive their appearance at the compromise hearing, it must be in writing and provided to the court.
- Infant Compromise petitions must comply with CPLR §1208
- Upon submission of all required documents, a Hearing will be scheduled and conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams. Counsel for plaintiffs must appear at the hearings with their clients. Adjournments must be obtained through chambers.
- Requests for interpreter services must be made before the date of scheduling the hearing.