Civil Term - Part 29
360 Adams Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Courtroom: Room 724
Court Clerk: 347-296-1582
Updated: January 4, 2023
Starting Wednesday, March 1, 2023, in person appearance will be required for the general motion calendar in courtroom 724. Motions on the calendar will no longer be adjourned administratively. Attorneys may adjourn a motion on the general motion calendar to a specific Wednesday (other than the last Wednesday of the month) by submitting a stipulation signed by all parties by email to Alexis Riley (firstname.lastname@example.org). Defaults will be taken if there is no appearance after the second call unless parties have submitted a stipulation of adjournment.
General Motion Calendar:
- First call 9:30am Second call 10:45am.
- Motions on the general calendar may be adjourned on consent of parties (to any Part 29 motion date).
- Defaults will be entered on the second call.
- Motions on the general motion calendar may be adjourned, settled or withdrawn.
- Motions on the general motion calendar may not be submitted.
- If one or more parties are ready to proceed on a motion on the general motion calendar, an application may be made to put it on the oral argument calendar on the next available oral argument date. No oral argument will be heard on the day of the application to place a motion on the oral argument calendar.
Oral Argument Calendar:
- The Oral argument calendar is heard every Wednesday.
- First call is at 10:00am Second call is at 10:45am.
- Defaults may be entered on second call.
- Parties who have answered “ready” should remain in the courtroom. If you must leave to another part, inform the court clerk of your whereabouts prior to leaving the courtroom.
- Motions on the oral argument calendar are those motions that have been adjourned from the general motion calendar or Orders to Show Cause that have been placed on the oral argument calendar.
- Adjournments for motions on the oral argument calendar are on application to the Court, even if the parties’ consent, and will only be granted for good cause shown.
- All parties must be present in the courtroom by 10:00am. Unless otherwise scheduled by the Court. Prior to trial, counsel must submit to the Court marked pleadings and the bill of particulars. In addition, counsel must provide to the Court copies of any deposition testimony that will be offered into evidence. All exhibits must be pre-marked by the clerk before trial begins.
- Hearing will be scheduled by the Court.
Any adjournments must be obtained through chambers.