The Court of Claims accepts the filing of papers, including claims, by facsimile transmission. Any papers that are required to be filed with the Clerk of the Court may be filed via fax, provided that the paper does not exceed 50 pages in length. The filed paper should be accompanied by a cover sheet setting forth the following information:
- the nature of the paper being filed
- the claim number (if previously assigned)
- the name and address of the filing party or attorney
- the telephone number of the filing party or attorney
- the fax number that may receive a return transmission
- the total number of pages, including cover sheet, being filed
- the payment confirmation/receipt number if filing a claim
You may download the Fax Cover Sheet (PDF), print it, and use it or you may use your own cover sheet providing it contains the above information.
If you are filing a Claim, you must either pay the $50.00 required filing fee, by following the instructions contained on the Fax Cover Sheet (PDF), or submit an application for a waiver of the fee, or an application for a reduction of the fee (for correctional facility inmates) with the claim.
Please read Court of Claims Rule 206.5-a for complete details on what and how to file and what to expect in return.
The fax number to send papers for filing is 866-413-1069 (toll-free).