Oneonta City Court

Payment Date

If you have been assessed a fine and/or mandatory surcharge and/or Termination of License Suspension Fee, you must make payment by the date directed by the Court.

back to top

Acceptable Forms of Payment

  • cash
  • money order or certified bank check payable to the Oneonta City Court
  • applying bail monies to a fine (contact Court Office for information).

Note: The Court does NOT accept personal checks.

back to top

Where to Pay

  • in person at the Clerk's Office located in the City Court
  • via mail. Do NOT send cash through the mail

Extension to Pay

If additional time is needed to pay a fine or surcharge, you must make a request in writing for an extension. Your request must indicate:

  • the reason for the extension
  • a date that you will be able to pay
  • current MAILING address and telephone number

The Court will consider the request and notify you of the its decision.

Payment Modification Form

back to top

Consequences of Failing to Pay

Failure to pay the fine and/or mandatory surcharge as directed will result in at least one of the following consequences to be imposed on a failure to pay a fine, surcharge or fee to the Court:

  • Warrant for your arrest
  • Suspension of your drivers license
  • Imposition of an additional $70 fee on Vehicle and Traffic cases for each ticket
  • Civil judgment filed with the County Clerk which will affect your credit rating
back to top