If you have been assessed a fine and/or mandatory surcharge and/or Termination of License Suspension Fee, you must make payment by the date directed by the Court.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- money order or certified bank check payable to the Oneonta City Court
- applying bail monies to a fine (contact Court Office for information).
Note: The Court does NOT accept personal checks.
Where to Pay
- in person at the Clerk's Office located in the City Court
- via mail. Do NOT send cash through the mail
Extension to Pay
If additional time is needed to pay a fine or surcharge, you must make a request in writing for an extension. Your request must indicate:
- the reason for the extension
- a date that you will be able to pay
- current MAILING address and telephone number
The Court will consider the request and notify you of the its decision.
Consequences of Failing to Pay
Failure to pay the fine and/or mandatory surcharge as directed will result in at least one of the following consequences to be imposed on a failure to pay a fine, surcharge or fee to the Court:
- Warrant for your arrest
- Suspension of your drivers license
- Imposition of an additional $70 fee on Vehicle and Traffic cases for each ticket
- Civil judgment filed with the County Clerk which will affect your credit rating