Should your legal problem be so complex, or become complex or contested, some professional organizations have referral services which you may use to attempt to retain an attorney to represent you. These organizations include:
New York State Bar Association - Estate and Surrogate Court Assistance The New York State Bar Association website has a program that provides volunteer attorneys to assist with Surrogate Court matters. The website also provides explanations and forms. https://nysba.org/surrogatescourt/
New York Bar Foundation One Elk Street Albany, NY 12207 Telephone (518) 487-5651 Fax (518) 487-5699
Planning & Estates Law Project at the New York City Bar (212) 382-6756 For assistance information on Surrogate court matters call the PELP project at the New York City Bar Justice Center.
- Call and leave a message wih your name, phone number and a brief message.
- Assit with probate, administration, surrogate court matters, wills, life planning documents
- Do not represent people in court, trusts or contested matters
City Bar Justice Center (212) 626-7383
- Online Intake for Lw Income New Yorkers
- The City Bar Justice center has a Legal Referral Service for New Yorkers who do not qualiry as low income. (212) 626-7373 for a referral to an attorney.
Richmond County Bar Association 25 Hyatt Street - Suite 203 Staten Island, NY 10301 Telephone (718) 442-4500 Fax (718) 442-2019
Brooklyn Volunteer Lawyers Project (718) 624-3894
- Legal Intake hour - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 10 am - 4 pm • Article 17 A Guardianships, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Proxy
- Fill out an online Intakehttps://vlpoi.legalserver.org/modules/matter/extern_intake.php?pid=129&h=daa817&
- Legal Referral Service https://referral.brooklynbar.org/
New York State Court's Court Help website: Surrogate's Court DIY Forms- https://www.nycourts.gov/courthelp/WhenSomeoneDies/index.shtml • The DIY website has instructions and documents.
Safe Deposit Box Petition Program https://www.nycourts.gov/courthelp/diy/safeDeposit.shtml
Artivle 17 A Guardianship: http://nycourts.gov/courthelp/DIY/guardianship17A.shtml
Law Help & Law Help Interactive Law Help NY Law Help NY provides a research database to find an appropriate legal service organization, look up legal information, and DIY Forms. https://www.lawhelpny.org/
Law Help Interactive This website provies interactive assistance for legal documents. https://lawhelpinteractive.org/