Cortland County Courts

Supreme Court

Court Description | Filing | Motion Terms | Forms | Supreme Court - IDV Part

46 Greenbush Street, Suite 301
Cortland, NY 13045-2765
Phone: 607-218-3320
[email protected]

Regular Business Hours:
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday



Judges' Chambers

Supreme Court Justice
Hon. Mark G. Masler

Law Clerk
Michael Porciello

Wendy Burlison

Phone: 607-218-3340
Fax: 212-520-6830


Court Clerk's Office

Chief Clerk
Emily Stith

Deputy Chief Clerk
Maureen E. Grisolini

Phone: 607-218-3320
Fax: 646-963-6452

supreme court

All visitors must pass through a magnetometer
upon entering the courthouse.


Court Description

Supreme Court generally handles civil matters seeking monetary damages exceeding the amount of $25,000.00. It is also the only court with authority to address matrimonial matters, including separation, annulment, and divorce. While Supreme Court does have the authority to hear criminal matters involving felonies, outside of New York City area these matters are usually heard at the County Court level.

back to top


All Supreme Court papers are filed in the Cortland County Clerk's Office and forwarded to the Court Clerk for submission to the Judge. The Cortland County Clerk's address is:

46 Greenbush Street, Suite 105
Cortland, NY 13045-3702
Phone: 607-753-5021.

back to top


RJI Forms
Uncontested Divorce Packets
Name Change
Article 81 Guardianship Proceedings


back to top


Supreme Court - IDV Part
(Integrated Domestic Violence)

The Cortland County integrated Domestic Violence (IDV) Court is a court designed to handle
multiple related cases pertaining to a single family where the underlying issue is domestic
violence. It operates under the "one family - one judge" concept allowing a single judge to hear
a family's related cases. IDV Court can handle criminal matters (violations, misdemeanors, and
felonies), family court matters, and matrimonial matters involving the same family where there is
a domestic violence component involved. The interrelated cases are transferred by court order to
IDV Court from local Town Courts, Family Court, County Court and Supreme Court.


back to top