For the convenience of attorneys visiting the courthouse on a regular basis, an identification card, now called a "Secure Pass" can be obtained which will expedite the entry process.
Original Applications & Renewals
In order to obtain a Secure Pass, attorneys must complete an application (available at the office of the Supreme and County Court Chief Clerk - 3rd floor of the Courthouse/County Court Building -- Room 214)
The Application Process Requires
- completion of section a of the Secure Pass attorney application (UCS-334) along with $25.00 and
- two forms of photo id such as a currently valid driver's license, passport, government or employer-issued photo id (A current OCA issued attorney id is valid) and
- 2 color photos 1" x 1-1/4"
- if licensed to carry a firearm, a copy of pistol permit must be attached. If based on peace officer status, copy of employer id must be attached.
- newly admitted attorneys (within the last 2-3 months) should also submit with their application, a certificate of good standing issued from the Appellate Division.
See original application instructions and attach a copy of the police report indicating the loss or theft of the original card.
This card must be picked up personally by the applicant at the court facility and will be released only after verification of identity in the form of a photo id.