Complaints and Concerns-Language Access and Court Interpreters

How to Submit a Complaint Regarding Language Access

Please fill out the fields in the Language Access Complaint Form and select the Submit button, or print out a hard copy of the form, fill it out by hand, and email the form to [email protected], or send it by mail to NYS UCS Office of Language Access, 25 Beaver Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10004. We will contact you within 60 days of receiving your complaint.


Complaints May Address Any Aspect of Language Access

  • Both in and outside of the courtroom
  • Failure to assign or delay in assigning an interpreter
  • The quality of interpreting services provided
  • Inaccurate translation of written materials
  • Violations of the Court Interpreting Canons of Ethics

Concerns about or problems with court interpreting services should be raised as soon as possible. If a problem with interpreting occurs during a court proceeding, the issue should be brought to the judge’s or court clerk’s attention, so that it can be immediately addressed. When that is not possible, it is recommended that UCS Office of Language Access be notified of the matter, by email at: [email protected] or telephone: 646-386-5670.

All complaints against staff and per diem interpreters are taken very seriously, your complaint will be given our full attention and will be resolved as quickly as possible. You will be notified of any findings and whether corrective actions will be taken.

You may file an anonymous complaint, but we will not be able to contact you if we need additional information and we will not be able to contact you regarding the resolution of your complaint.

Questions and concerns may be directed to the Office of Language Access at 646-386-5670 or email [email protected].