To protect the rights of families and children by ensuring the just and timely resolution of all matters brought before the court.
The New York City Family Court is a strong, vibrant, independent, professionally run, due-process driven court, where there is respect for each and every individual appearing in and served by our court, as well as respect for each and every jurist and non-judicial court worker who serves in our busy courts. It is our expectation that all cases will be addresses fairly and expeditiously.
• Respect for all persons with whom we interact.
• Pride in our work.
• Commitment to quality service.
• Willingness to help others.
• Fairness in our interactions with others.
• Respect for and cooperation with our co-workers.
• Integrity in our dealings with others.
• Timely disposition of all cases.
• Continuous trials.
• Improved time to permanency for children in out-of-home care.
• Adherence to the One Family, One Judge principle when appropriate.
• Efficiency in all Family Court operations.
• Promoting respect for all, litigant and court staff alike.
Please join us in this effort by sharing your thoughts, comments or suggestions with us.
Your opinion counts!
Take a survey...
View a video testimonial from an NYC Family Court employee.