Civil Court Summary Proceedings (Evictions)

Non-Payment Proceedings

Holdover Proceedings (Eviction at end of term of lease or verbal agreement)

Proceedings to Evict for Violations of the Lease or Law

How to File an Appeal


Tenant Questions & Answers: Nonpayment Eviction Cases in New York State

Tenant Questions & Answers: Holdover Eviction Cases in New York State

DIY Form Programs


Non-Payment Proceedings:

Jurisdiction: Property must be located within the Binghamton City limits.

Forms: You can make all the court papers you need using the free DIY Form Nonpayment Program or you can buy the forms from a store that legal forms, such as Blumberg.

If you have any questions regarding landlord-tenant law you should consult with an attorney. You may also visit the Supreme Court Library located in the Broome County courthouse or visit their web site ( Court personnel cannot provide legal advice.

The link to nycourts courthelp page on Summary Proceedings is: