Pretrial Release data was created with Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) to aid in studying the bail reforms from the 2019 Criminal Justice Legislation.
Download the NYC & ONYC csv extracts of cases arraigned between 1/1/20 to 12/31/22, updated bi-annually, with a top charge of felony or misdemeanor. See Data Documentation for courts included.
Includes over 100 fields on:
- Case information
- Demographic information
- Intake process
- Release status & bail
- Prior arrests & rearrests
A Dashboard was also created to dynamically summarize the data in the extract.
- Superior courts are partially included prior to 2023 based on UCMSLiveDate and will be complete on arraignments 2023 and later.
- Dates appear in Excel as "MM/01/YYYY" but only the month and year are reflective of the data.
- Data Dictionary
- Data Documentation
- Disposition Hierarchy
- DCJS Pre and Post Bail Data DCJS and OCA provided data that includes cases arraigned 2019-2022 for comparative purposes
- DCJS Report on Pre and Post Bail Data