Ontario County Family Court


Hon. Brian D. Dennis

Hon. Kristina A. Karle

Hon. Frederick G. Reed

Hon. Jacqueline E. Sisson - Acting


Chief Clerk

Linda M. DiStefano


Deputy Chief Clerk

Nicholas Grecco


Support Magistrate

  • Nicole Botti, Esq.


Location Information

Clerks Office
27 North Main Street
1st Floor
Room 130
Canandaigua, NY 14424

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Phone: 585-412-5299
Fax: 585-412-5327
[email protected]

First Appearance Calendars
Hours of Operation:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, however, emergency applications are heard daily

General Info

Parties seeking to file for a Temporary Order of Protection are referred to the Family Counseling Service of the Finger Lakes (1-800-695-0390), Safe Harbors: (1-800-247-7273), or Ontario County Probation Department (585-396-4222) for assistance in the preparation of the necessary Family Offense Petition.

All adjournment requests must be made in writing with the consent of all parties. Cases that are scheduled for hearing and/or are over Standards and Goals must also have the approval of the assigned Judge. Cases remain on the scheduled date until the Judge approves the adjournment and the Clerk's Office receives confirmation of an agreed upon date.

For information about mediation, please visit CDSadr.org

For information when you do not have a lawyer, please visit NYCourts CourtHelp

New York State Child Support Online

Ontario County SCU email: [email protected]

DIY Forms: NYCourts DIY Forms

Custody/Visitation & Modification of Custody/Visitation Petition and Information Sheet
Child Support and Modification of Support Petition and Information Sheet

More information available on the 7th District Family Court page, including:

Resolve Your Case Without Going to Court

The Court partners with The Center for Dispute Settlement, which offers mediation to resolve child custody and visitation issues. Please contact CDS for assistance with your case. Information about contacting CDS can be found in their brochure. Please contact CDS for assistance with your case.