Instructions for Filing of Petitions
- You must fill in all blanks. Type or write clearly in black ink.
- Answer each question to the best of your ability. Incomplete petitions may be dismissed by the Court.
- You MUST provide a current address for each party, including house number, street, city, state and zip code.
- If you are filing a petition, you are the Petitioner on the form and the other party is the Respondent.
- If modifying or enforcing an Order of Another Court, such as a Divorce Decree, a copy of the divorce and separation agreement MUST be attached to the petition.
- Petitions MUST be signed in the presence of a Notary Public or a Family Court Clerk.
- Once your petition is completed and your signature notarized, you can either mail it to Family Court or submit it in person during our stated business hours.
- Paternity Petitions must be submitted with a copy of the Birth Certificate.