Hunting & Fishing Licenses

Licenses are not available at this office.

For information, go to or


Veterans' Peddler Licenses

New York State Veterans with other than dishonorable discharges from the United States Armed Forces are eligible to apply for a free lifetime Veterans Peddler’s License provided the Veteran served overseas in peace or war.

This license provides Veterans and surviving spouses with the right to peddle, vend, and sell goods, wares or merchandise, or solicit trade on the highways within a specific jurisdiction.

The permit does not supersede any restrictions placed by City, Town, or Village Clerks except that City, Town, or Village Clerks may not charge Veterans and surviving spouses a fee for a peddler’s license licenses. The County Clerks are responsible for issuing the licenses. An additional no-fee license may be necessary depending on the City, Town, or Village.

For specific information about obtaining a Veteran Peddler’s License, please contact your County Clerk’s Office. Then contact your local City, Town, or Village Clerk’s office to determine what if any restrictions apply in the City, Town, or Village.

General Vendor License in NYC

You also must be a Kings County resident. Only the veteran can apply for the license, and you will need to bring a copy of your discharge certificate DD214 or NGB22 or NGB 23, state tax id number, and two passport size photos, two inch, by two inch.

Please come to:

Kings County Clerk Window #6
300 Adams Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201

If you have any questions, you can email us [email protected]


Filing a copy of Military Discharge Certificate for Safekeeping

You, as the veteran, may file such document with us and also get a certified copy of the document at no charge. (Please see below)

We accept in person filings and filings by electronic means, EDDS: Getting Started (

To file your Discharge documents, you will need to present proof of identity, when fling electronically you may send a pdf of your proof of identity along with the discharge document. 

Under NY State Military Law section 250:

Any certificate issued after April sixth, nineteen hundred seventeen, of the honorable separation from or service in the armed forces of the United States of any veteran, may be recorded in any one county, in the office of the county clerk, and when so recorded shall constitute notice to all public officials of the facts set forth therein. It shall be the duty of the county clerk to record the certificate upon presentation thereof without the payment of any fee. For any purpose for which the original certificate may be required in the state of New York, a certified copy of the record shall be deemed sufficient and shall be accepted in lieu thereof. Notwithstanding any inconsistent provisions of law, it shall be the duty of the county clerk of each county, to furnish without charge to any veteran, or parent, spouse, dependent or child of the veteran, a certified copy of the certificate of the veteran so recorded in the office of the county clerk. No filed certificate or any information contained therein, shall be disclosed to any person except the veteran or parent, spouse, dependent or child of the veteran, representative of the estate of the deceased veteran or a public official, acting within the scope of his or her employment, unless such disclosure is authorized in writing by the veteran. The provisions of this section also apply to the counties within the city of New York.

Please contact us at [email protected] or by phone 347-404-9872, to inquire about the process for filing or receiving your FREE certified copy of YOUR DD214 or NGB 22 or NGB 23, or if you did not authorize any 3rd party filing of your DD214.

Thank you for your service.