Faith Based Court Access Initiative
Westchester County and The 9th Judicial District in Partnership with The Westchester County Faith Based Leadership present the 9th JD Faith Based Court Access Initiative.
The purpose and mission of the program is to have designated Houses of Worship operate as a safe-haven for unrepresented persons who don’t have access to personal home computer equipment.
Who qualifies for this service?
Any person who does not have a lawyer and cannot afford to hire one. Any person seeking a safe, private location to access Court Help Resources. Any person who needs access to Do-It-Yourself (DIY) documents and who does not have access to computer equipment
What are some areas of the law available to get help in?
Family Law (Domestic Violence, Adoption, Custody/Visitation, Child Support, Divorce)
Surrogate matters (Guardianship, Wills, Trusts & Estates)
For assistance, please contact:
- Ask a Librarian
- Divorce Resources
- Do-It-Yourself Forms
- Family Court Legal Program (FCLP)
- Guide to local free Legal Services
- LawHelpNY Legal Informaton for New Yorkers who cannot afford an attorney
- Legal Services of the Hudson Valley (https://lshv.org)
- LIFT Legal Information for Families Today
- New York Court location guides
- Pace Women’s Justice Center
- Topics A to Z NY Courts