Records Search Department

Contact Info

Office: (718) 298-0609

Location: 88-11 Sutphin Blvd., Jamaica, N.Y. 11435 Room 106


To Obtain a Certified Copy of a Supreme Court Paper and Exemplification:
A search will have to be conducted. You can find the Index Number and a list of documents on file for case Index years 1992 to Present by going to:
Please note if your case has had activity since 2006 no matter what year the action was commenced, you will be able to view the details from the link above.

Case Index prior to 1992
Case index numbers issued prior to 1992 are on Microfiche, you may search for those records by appearing in person at our office or request that a search be preformed by our staff.

Search Department Fees:
Search Certificate:
The fee for a search and a certificate recording the result of the search, called either a Positive or Negative result certificate, is $10.00. This fee covers a two-year search. If more years need to be searched, an additional $5.00 is required for each additional two years or portion thereof. All cases are filed by when they began, not by when they ended.

Exmple:if your case started in 1992 and ended in 2010, your search starts in 1992.

Certified Copy and Copying Fees:
The statutory fee for Certified copies of Supreme Court documents is $8.00 per Certification
The statutory fee for Certified copies of Business and Corporations filing is $10.00 per Certification.

Exemplified Copy
Exemplification fee is $25.00 with the additional Certification fee. Please allow 48-72 hours for your exemplification process to be completed.

Copy Fees:
Copying fee of 65 cents per page is required with a minimum fee of a $1.50 for copies of the documents.

Divorce Decrees
For information on obtaining a certified copy of a Divorce Decree, you must be a party to the action, the attorney of record or have an affidavit or a notarized letter signed by a party to the action or the attorney of record, granting you the authority to secure a copy of the divorce decree.

Money Judgment/Satisfaction of Money Judgments
This office dockets and maintains many different types of Money Judgments/Satisfactions, please specify the type of Money Judgment/Satisfaction for which you are requesting information. Example: NYS or NYC Tax, Parking Violations, Environmental Control Board, Supreme/Civil/Family or Criminal Court Judgments. Etc .

Please provide the name(s) whom the Judgment was entered against (Judgment debtor) and in favor of (Judgment creditor) the address of the parties, the entry date and the amount of Judgment if known.

Property Liens:
For Notice of pendency/Lis pendens, Mechanic liens, Building loan agreements, Sidewalk violations, or foreclosures, you must speak with the Queens County Clerk’s Block and Lot Clerk (718) 298-0612.

Queens City Register Block and Lot Number Search:

All fees are payable to the Queens County Clerk by U.S. postal money order, certified check, or NYS attorney's check. No personal checks will be accepted. Please send separate money orders for each two year search period requested. A separate money order is required for the Certification and/or Exemplification fee.

Please mail your request with a stamped self-addressed envelope to:


Queens County Clerk’s Office
88-11 Sutphin Blvd.,room 106
Jamaica N.Y 11435


New York State of Vital Records


NY Court Help Forms