How To: File a Petition
The Seventh Judicial District has several local forms available for use in Cayuga, Seneca, Livingston, Yates, Steuben, Wayne, Ontario and Monroe counties.
Be sure to add the name of the County where you are filing to the form.
- Petition for Support or to Modify Support
- Petition for Custody/Visitation or to Modify Custody/Visitation
- Petitioner's Worksheet for Orders to Show Cause/Immediate Requests for Custody
- Neglect/Abuse question sheet to accompany Petitions for Custody if Needed, see question 12 on Custody Petition
- Support Information Sheet Monroe County.pdf
If you need a different form not listed here, go to the State forms link. http://www.nycourts.gov/forms/familycourt/index.shtml
About DIY Forms
DIY Forms are free and easy guided step by step computer programs that ask you a series of questions then use the answers to prepare personalized court forms that are ready to serve and file.
- Custody/Visitation Enforcement DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Program
- Custody/Visitation Modification DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Program
- Paternity Petition DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Program
- Peticion de Paternidad ( DIY Paternity Petition Program in Spanish)
- Support Enforcement DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Program
- Support Modification DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Program
Additional DIY information and other court forms are available on CourtHelp at: http://www.nycourthelp.gov/diy/index.htmlBack to Family Court Home Page