Chambers: 360 Adams Street, Room 1043 (10th Floor)
Chambers Phone Number: (347) 296-1018
Courtroom Phone Number: (347) 401-9405
Facsimile: (212) 419-8493
Principal Law Clerk: Douglas Schain, Esq.
Assistant Law Clerk: Nicole Reinhardt, Esq.
Clerk: Marcia Smith
1. First call is 9:45 a.m. and second call is 10:30 a.m. Failure by movant to appear by second call will result in denial of motion for failure to appear. If the non-moving party fails to appear by second call, the Court may grant the requested relief.
2. Appearances must be made by attorneys with knowledge of the case and knowledge of the pending motion. Oral argument is required on all ready cases. A case may not be deemed “ready” if papers are not timely submitted (see below).
3. Adjournments – motions on the Court’s calendar on the first return date may be adjourned by the parties without Court consent provided a stipulation is submitted to Chambers (via fax or by hand) three (3) days prior to the calendar call and Chambers is contacted for an adjourned date. After the first adjournment, consent of the Court shall be required for further adjournments by contacting Chambers directly three (3) days prior.
4. Opposition papers and replies are required to be submitted to motion support prior to the return date of the motion. A courtesy copy of all papers shall be submitted to Chambers no later than four (4) days prior to the motion return date. (For example: for Thursday motions, on the Friday prior to the motion date by 5:00 p.m.). For medical malpractice cases, medical records are requested to be submitted on discs.
5. E-filed cases – A courtesy copy of all papers shall be submitted to Chambers no later than four (4) days prior to the motion return date. (For example: for Thursday motions, on the Friday prior to the motion date by 5:00 p.m.).
1. Counsel are required to be present in Court by 9:45 a.m. on the date of trial (unless otherwise directed by the Court).
2. Counsel shall provide the Court with marked pleadings and copies of relevant depositions on the day of trial.
3. Prior to trial, attorneys shall inform the Court of any scheduling conflicts and whether an interpreter shall be needed.
4. All proposed jury charges and verdict sheets shall be submitted prior to the conclusion of witness testimony.
Dates for appearances shall be provided by Chambers. The infant and the respective parent/guardian are required to appear unless the Court directs otherwise. A courtesy copy of filed papers should be provided for e-filed cases prior to the appearance.
The Kings County Supreme Court Unified Civil Term Rules can be located at: