- Petitions and other papers will continue to be filed by mail USPS regular mail or Return Receipt Mail Services, and Special Mail i.e. Fed-Ex, UPS, etc. To: The Surrogate's Court Richmond County, 18 Richmond Terrace, SI, NY 10301. Please provide your contact information, including an email address, with your filing.
- In addition, The Court accepts filings by Electronic method through the New York State Courts Electronic Filing Program (NYSCEF) System. firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 646-386-3033
- If papers are to be delivered, receipt by a Drop Off Box located, at the Surrogate’s Court of Richmond County, 18 Richmond Terrace, 2nd Floor Stuyvesant Place Entrance, is acceptable and will continue to be coordinated with the Court. Contact the Court at 718-675-8500, immediately upon Drop-Off.
- Court personnel may contact petitioners or their counsel as needed, once filed papers are reviewed.
- Inquiries on calendared matters and conferences can be made at 718.675.8505.
- Until further notice, citations maybe issued by court order - alternate service and appearances. -- Please see the Court's website for sample citations and orders.
Calendar Appearance Information
Monday Calendar Return of Citations Virtual Appearances Teams Information
Wednesday Calendar for Motions Conferences and Other Proceedings are IN PERSON as of September 28, 2022
Thursday Guardianship Calendar shall remain VIRTUAL until further notice
All Other Appearances are IN PERSON unless otherwise contacted by the Court as of November 1, 2022. Counsel may request a virtual conference on consent of all sides
Surrogate's Court Calendar List
This list is updated on Friday, for the following week. The terms of this notice are subject to modification as the need arises.
Guardianship Fingerprints & Title / Public Searches
Authorization for Guardianship Fingerprints are by Appointment Only.
Title/Public Searches – will be permitted during the following HOURS: Monday-Friday, 10:30 AM-1:00 PM.
Public Searchers will be limited to ½ hour segments, no more than two members of the public/persons at-a-time in Room B-3, our RECORDS ROOM. If there are more than two persons, excess individuals will wait in the appropriate hallway seating area outside the record room B-3.
The public searcher will be required to enter the building at the entrance, located at the corner of Schuyler St and Richmond Terrace only, and proceed through the necessary checks and assessments. The Records Room office will be stocked with Lysol Spray, paper towels, hand sanitizer, gloves etc., and you will be required to clean (wipe down) the computer keyboard, mouse, terminal, printer etc., BEFORE and AFTER each appointment. We would also ask that your In-Person business be limited to the Basement Level, Records Rm B-3, the 18 Richmond Terrace facility, and you should take care of any restroom needs prior to your appointment.
The above requirements are consistent with the Rules and Guidelines issued by the Office of Court Administration
WebSurrogate provides information on estate proceedings and other filings within New York State Surrogate's Courts. WebSurrogate is a free service that allows you to search files, retrieve documents, and view historical records that are considered to be public information.
18 Richmond Terrace
Staten Island, NY 10301
Honorable Matthew J. Titone
Ronald M. Cerrachio
Deputy Chief Clerk
Jane E. Stilwell
|Contact Numbers of the Richmond Surrogate's Court|
|General Clerks Office||718.675.8500|
After the death of a loved one, surviving family members often discover they have many tasks to perform so that the decedent’s affairs may be put in order. Handling these responsibilities in a timely manner can be a confusing and added hardship to the survivors.
The Surrogate’s Court of Richmond County exercises jurisdiction over the probate of wills and grants letters testamentary and letters of administration, as well as guardianship of infants and developmentally disabled individuals. It also approves adoptions, exercises control over executors, administrators, trustees and guardians, passes upon and settles accounts of fiduciaries and renders judicial determination to the foregoing matters.
This Court meets the needs of over 500,000 residents of the borough of Staten Island. Indeed the Court for years has garnered a reputation for high standards of quality service and has been staffed by multi-talented court personnel. Yet the unique character of this Court has been maintained dating back to its earliest days.
Surrogate Matthew J. Titone and the Richmond County Surrogate’s Court stand ready to assist families whose relatives suffered physical harm or were killed as a result of the terrorist-related aircraft crashes of September 11, 2001 or the debris removal efforts that took place in the aftermath of those crashes. The Richmond County Surrogate’s Court Help Center is available Monday through Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM to help families with issues relating to their deceased relatives, from permission to enter a sealed residence to answering procedural questions regarding the administration of an estate.
To contact the Court please call 718-675-8500 or visit us at 18 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY, Room 201.