FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)

Where is the court located?
125-01 Queens Boulevard Kew Gardens, NY 11415

What are the court's hours?
Normal hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

How do I get to the court by bus?
The Q10, Q37, Q46 and Q60 run within walking distance of the courthouse. For additional information go to: http://web.mta.info/maps/

How do I get to the court by subway?
• By subway, take the E or the F train to the Union Turnpike station. The courthouse is located two blocks south on Queens Boulevard.
• Public transportation is recommended. There are private parking lots available, with limited space, on the west side of Queens Boulevard.

How can I obtain information about a case?
Contact the Record Room at the above address, Room 710. The phone number is 718-298-1400.

What do I do if I cannot make a court date?
Contact your attorney.

How can I get a copy of an order, or review my file?
If the case is pending you should contact your attorney. If the case is finished, you should go to the Record Room at the above address, Room 710.

How do I get a copy of the transcript of my court appearance?
Contact the Principal Court Reporter at (718) 298-1381. When requesting a copy of the transcript or minutes, you should have the defendant’s name, Indictment number, Superior Court Information(SCI) number or Special Proceeding(SP) number, Court Part, name of the Judge and date of the proceeding.

What do I do if I missed a court date and an order was issued in my absence?
Contact your attorney, and/or report to Court the next business day.

How are motions filed in the Criminal Term?
Contact the Motion Clerk's Office at the above address, Room 710 or call 718-298-1457.

How do I get an attorney appointed by the court?
Make an application to the Judge hearing your case.

How can I find out if there are any fees involved in the request for documents from the court?
Contact the court by writing to:

Queens Supreme Court
125-01 Queens Blvd.
Kew Gardens, NY 11415
Attn: Correspondence Unit - Room E121

You can also call our Correspondence unit at 718-298-1319 for any additional inquiries.

How can I get a certificate of Disposition for my case?
A certificate of disposition, may be obtained in person at the Court, Room E121 for a fee of $10.00.
In order to obtain a Certificate of Disposition by mail, send a U.S. Postal money order or a bank check in the amount of $10.00 made payable to Finance Administrator.

Send it to:

Queens Supreme Court
125-01 Queens Blvd.
Kew Gardens, NY 11415
Attn: Correspondence Unit - Room E121

Please include the indictment number, Defendant’s name and a return address. Allow 7 to 10 business days for a response.

How do I obtain a record of my criminal history?
Criminal history searches are done through the Office of Court Administration. You can contact them at the following website, address or phone number.

   New York State Office of Court Administration
Office of Administrative Services
Criminal History Search
25 Beaver Street Room 840
New York, NY 10004
Tel # (212) 428-2943

How can I obtain a Certificate of Relief from Civil Disabilities?
• If you were convicted of a misdemeanor or if you were convicted of a felony but served no time in state prison:
• You must apply for your Certificate(s) of Relief to the court in which you were convicted. The application is available in room 710.
• For additional information go to: http://www.doccs.ny.gov/certrelief.html

Where can I get information about jury duty for Queens County?
Contact the Queens County Clerk’s office at 718-262-7223.

Where is the law library located?
The law library is located in room 722 and the hours are from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM

When do I get my bail money back?
If cash bail was posted, a check is generated by the Department of Finance 6-8 weeks after the disposition of the case. If you do not receive a check in 8 weeks you can contact the Department of Finance at (212) 291-4899. If a bail bond was posted a certificate of disposition is needed and submitted to the bail bondsman. Certificates of disposition are available from the Correspondence Unit located in room 714.