Accessibility & Accommodation
The New York State Unified Court System is dedicated to ensuring that all qualified individuals with limitations or disabilities have equal and full access to the courts.
Navigating the court system can be difficult for many people and can be particularly difficult for older residents who may need accommodations for accessibility.
Requests for accommodation should be made directly to ADA liaisonsat individual courthouses.
Accommodations the court can provide may include:
- making reasonable modifications in practices and procedures
- furnishing auxiliary aids
- equipment, devices, or materials such as assistive listening devices
- qualified American Sign Language (ASL) or other types of interpreters
- real time computer-aided transcription services (CART)
- qualified readers in large print, Braille, electronic, or audio format
For further information regarding elder justice, accessibility, and accommodation, please contact the Division of Policy and Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org