What's New Archives 2020
- Judicial Institute Member Louis A. Craco (1933-2020) The members of the Institute mourn the loss of our founder and long-time Chair and Chair Emeritus Louis A. Craco. His vision for the Institute was that it should promote professional values and ethical behavior by lawyers who serve New Yorkers and facilitate dialogue among courts, practitioners, law schools, bar associations and other civil and lay organizations. Because of his leadership, integrity, mentorship and strong sense of professionalism, the Institute today stands as a monument to his legacy. We offer our sincere condolences to his wife Betty, his three sons and four grandchildren. We will miss his wisdom, sound counsel, guidance and friendship
- Chief Judge Janet DiFiore praises JIPL Institute Handbook at NYSBA House of Delegates Meeting
What's New Archives 2019
- Administrative Board orders distribution of JIPL Handbook to new attorneys upon admission
- Legal Skills & Professional Values, A Handbook
- Convocation, From Law School to Practice: Instilling Skills, Competencies and Professional Values, A Dialogue with the Academy, Bench and Bar
- Judicial Institute Member G. Robert Witmer (1937-2019) Our long-time colleague and good friend, Bob Witmer, passed away on August 18, 2019. Bob was one of the original members of the Institute and a stalwart one at that, and he was, in every sense, the heart and head of the Institute. Bob was a respected member of the Nixon Peabody firm and an integral member of the University of Rochester’s Board of Trustees for 40 years. He was a past President of the NYS Bar Association and a member of the American Bar Association’s House of Delegates. The Institute will sorely miss him.