ON-LINE ARTICLE 81 LAY GUARDIAN TRAINING PROGRAM
This program is certified to meet the Article 81 statutory training requirements for lay guardians and offers practical advice to assist lay guardians in carrying out their guardianship responsibilities.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VIEWING ONLINE VIDEO
1. If using an Apple (MAC) computer you need to download a video player that will convert the program. You can find a free video player using the link: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
If using a regular PC you MUST USE the browser Internet Explorer or Edge. You cannot use Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.
2. The video is in three parts. You may view each part separately. You must view all three parts to complete the training requirement.
3. During each part of the video you will hear a code. There is a different code for each part. Write down each code as you hear it.
4. Fill in the three codes that you hear during the video and all other required information on the Guardian's Affirmation of Viewing.
5. Print and complete the Affirmation. Don’t forget to sign and date the Affirmation!
6. Submit the completed Affirmation by mail or e-mail to:
Guardian Assistance Network
Kings Country Supreme Court
360 Adams Street - Rm. 723
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Fax: (212) 618-5856
Phone: (347) 296-1948
7. A Certificate of Completion will be mailed to you shortly after