The New York State Agricultural Mediation Program (NYSAMP) provides mediation services to the state's agricultural community. Certified by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), NYSAMP's mediation services are available in every county in the state. This free service helps ensure that disagreements and disputes that threaten the economic success of farms can be addressed quickly and confidentially.
Disagreements and disputes commonly handled by NYSAMP include:
- Family farm succession
- Divorce, custody, and/or other family conflicts
- Neighbor concerns about odors and noise
NYSAMP mediators can also help parties discuss farm debt and regulations:
- Agricultural loans and loan-servicing, including Farm Service Agency and Rural Development loans
- Adverse decisions from a USDA agency
- Wetland determination
- Conservation compliance
- Crop insurance
- Pesticide application
To learn more or request services, contact NYSAMP directly:
NYS Dispute Resolution Association
255 River Street
Troy, NY 12180
1-866-6-NYSAMP (toll free)
Print a NYSAMP brochure.
- New York FarmNet
- New York State Farm Bureau
- New York Farm Service Agency
- New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets
- United States Department of Agriculture Mediation Information
NYSAMP is funded by the United State Department of Agriculture and administered collaboratively by the New York State Dispute Resolution Association and the New York State Unified Court System Office of ADRCIP.