The Office of Alternative Dispute Resolution oversees:
- Court-Connected ADR Programs
- Community Dispute Resolution Centers Program
- Attorney-Client Fee-Dispute Resolution Program
- Collaborative Family Law Center
- Mediator Ethics Advisory Committee
- Agricultural Mediation Program
- Children's Centers Program
ADR Staff work with judges, court administrators, and bar leaders throughout New York State to design appropriate dispute resolution programs that respond to the needs of local communities and courts. We also work closely with non-profit organizations in administering the state-wide Community Dispute Resolution Centers Program, which provides a community-based forum to resolve disputes that might otherwise become civil, family and criminal court cases. Our staff periodically coordinates programs for mediators, attorneys, judges, other court staff and members of the public.
If you want to learn more about ADR, feel free to check out the list of ADR web sites we thought might be of interest. These links will lead you off the Unified Court System's web site.