The Divorce Resources website provides useful information for unrepresented litigants regarding divorce. There are resources on a wide range of topics, including divorce forms and instructions, Supreme Court contact information, finding a lawyer, parent resources, domestic violence, alternative dispute resolution (ADR), and frequently asked questions
The following are additional resources provided to help you better understand and navigate the divorce process:
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Uncontested Divorce Program
You can use the DIY Uncontested Divorce Program to make your court papers if you are filing for an uncontested divorce, your marriage has been over for at least six months, there are no children under 21, and all marital property issues, including debt, have been settled.
- Child Support Standards Chart: a guide for child support calculations, including a quick reference chart with child support amounts based on income and number of children.
Free assistance with court facts, the law, obtaining and completing court forms and finding a lawyer.
- Court Rules for Divorce Cases
Sections 202.16 and 202.16-a of the Uniform Rules for Trial Courts define the legal rules, requirements and timelines governing divorce cases in New York State.
- Glossary of Legal Terms
A listing of legal terms and their definitions that you may encounter during the divorce process.
- Law Library Locations and Services
Locations of free law libraries maintained by the court system to assist litigants with legal research, as well as an online library catalog.
- Serving the Unrepresented
The home page of the court system's Access to Justice Program, which provides tools and resources that ensure equal access to justice for everyone.
- Temporary Maintenance Guidelines Worksheet and Calculator: a formula for judges to apply and factors for judges to consider when calculating temporary spousal maintenance.