Virtual Court Appearances
IMPORTANT: To learn what you need to do to appear virtually for a court appearance, visit nycourts.gov/appear well in advance of your court date.
District Administrative Judge
Hon. William Taylor
M Floor - Room 161
Hall of Justice
Rochester, NY 14614
District Office: 585-371-3266
Resources for Litigants
- 7JD BHM 2022 Booklet
- Amended Foreclosure Auction Plan
- 2021 Excellence Initiative
- Courtroom Equality Statement
- 7th JD ADR Plan Summary
Please see the courts main page for further COVID updates and information.
For essential or emergency court matters, you may contact court staff listed at the Designated Court Locations page. Please note that until further notice, the courts are considering only essential matters per Second Administrative Order signed March 23, 2020.
- Executive Orders from the Office of the Governor
- Administrative Orders from the Chief Judge, Chief Admin Judge, and Deputy Chief Admin Judge
- Administrative Orders from the 7th District Admin Judge
- 7th JD District Operations Protocols
VLSP Virtual Help Center
The Volunteer Legal Services Project (VLSP) of Monroe County provides free legal assistance for low-income residents of Monroe County, New York who are facing non-criminal legal problems. VLSP's services are provided by 1,600 pro bono volunteers who donate their time and talent to ensure that low-income people have access to the justice system when faced with serious legal problems.
Due to the temporary closure of the Help Centers located at the Monroe County Hall of Justice and at the Rochester Public Library, VLSP is now offering a Virtual Help Center. Using live chat and phone line capabilities, the Virtual Help Center will have pro bono attorneys and VLSP staff available to answer legal information questions, provide court documents online, and assist with electronic filing through the Electronic Document Delivery System (EDDS) and New York State Courts Electronic Filing (NYSCEF) for Family Court matters.
The Virtual Help Center will be open:
- Monday mornings from 10 a.m. to noon and Monday afternoons from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday mornings from 10 a.m. to noon
- Friday mornings from 10 a.m. to noon and Friday afternoons from 1 to 4 p.m.
VLSP Main Phone Line (585) 505-5551