Location & Hours118 E. Clinton Street,
Ithaca, NY 14850
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
(excluding state holidays)
Ronna J. Collins
Deputy Chief Clerk
City Court Judges
Hon. Scott A. Miller, Judge
Hon. Richard M. Wallace, Judge
How To Proceed With Your City Code or ABC Ticket - Noise, Open Container, Littering, Public Urination...
Court Schedule & Prosecutor Assignment of Cases
Small Claims - Thursdays at 9:00 a.m.
Summary Proceedings (Evictions) - Thursdays at 9:00 a.m.
Criminal Court - Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. (District Attorney present in Court) and scheduled Fridays at 9:00 a.m. (District Attorney present in Court)
(See below for assignment of cases)
Traffic Court - Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. (District Attorney present in Court)
Drug Court - Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m.
Jury Trial Terms Terms - 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, 13
Upon agreement between the District Attorney of Tompkins County and the City Attorney of the City of Ithaca, cases are assigned for prosecution in the Ithaca City Court as follows:
Cases Assigned to the District Attorney:
- All felonies
- All misdemeanors (including 'local' law misdemeanors)
- All 'state' law violations (Transportation and Traffic Law infractions)
- 'Local' law violations which are paired with at least one of the above types of cases (with the exception of ABC violations which are paired only with 'local' law violations - see "Cases Assigned to the City Attorney")
Cases Assigned to the City Attorney:
- Ithaca City Code 'local' law violations
- Building Code 'local' law violations (including garbage, unshoveled sidewalk, unmowed grass violations)
- SPCA violations (including unlicensed dogs, unleashed dogs)
- 'local law' violations which are paired only with an ABC violation