If you have been assessed a fine and/or mandatory surcharge, you must make payment by the date directed by the Court.
Acceptable forms of payments are:
- money order or certified bank check payable to the City Court
- applying bail monies to a fine
- credit cards (Discover, Mastercard and Visa only)
Note: The Court does NOT accept personal checks.
Payments may be made:
- in person at the Clerk's Office located in the City Courthouse
- by mail (Note: Do NOT send cash through the mail).
You may pay by credit card at the City Court Clerk's office.
If the Cardholder is NOT the defendant, the cardholder MUST submit photo identification (or 2 forms of non-photo identification) to the Court.
Credit Card payments are not accepted via the telephone or by fax. The court must receive the cardholder’s ORIGINAL signature with the credit card authorization.
If additional time is needed to pay a fine or surcharge, you must make a request in writing for an extension. Your request must indicate:
- the reason for the extension
- a date that you will be able to pay
- current MAILING address and telephone number
The Court will consider the request and notify you of the decision.
Failure to pay the fine and/or mandatory surcharge as directed ...
... will result in a warrant for your arrest and/or
... may result in the suspension of your drivers license and additional fees to lift each suspension and/or
... may result in the Court filing a Civil Judgment with the County Clerk which may affect your credit rating.