- How do I pay a parking ticket?
- How do I contest a parking ticket?
- What happens if I fail to pay or answer a parking ticket?
- What else should I know about City of Elmira parking ordinances?
If you have received a parking ticket in the City of Elmira and wish to plead guilty to the violation charged, you should mail or present your parking ticket and the fine amount indicated on the ticket plus any applicable late fees.
There are 3 ways to pay your parking ticket:
- to pay by mail, send a check or money order to:
Parking Violations Bureau
317 E. Church Street (First Floor)
Elmira, NY 14901
- to pay on line by credit or debit card, go to: www.parkingticketpayment.com/elmira/
- to pay in person, take your parking ticket directly to City Hall, Parking Violations Bureau, located at 317 E. Church Street, First Floor, Elmira, NY, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Contesting a parking ticket, in other words, pleading "not guilty," requires appearance in Elmira City Court. Details as to the date and time of the scheduled appearance can be found on the bottom portion of the Parking Violation Information. You must personally appear in Court on this date in order to contest a ticket.
If you receive a parking ticket, you must pay it right away. Failure to pay your parking ticket within the time specified on the ticket will result in the fine being doubled. Failure could also result in a warrant being issued for your arrest and/or a summons being issued for a Court appearance. Further, your registration on your vehicle may be suspended.
- On even calendar days, park on the even side of the street
- On odd calendar days, park on the odd side of the street
- The change in parking must occur each day by 2:00 A.M. Therefore, make sure your vehicle is on the proper side of the street at night for next day date. (Park For Tomorrow)
- Rules are in effect 24 hours a day
- Rules apply to all city streets unless posted exempt
- Streets with no parking on both sides remain as no parking zones
- Odd/Even signs are posted at each entrance to the City
If you have questions regarding your parking ticket, you may contact the Parking Violations Bureau at 607-737-5690. To email your questions and for further information on parking in the City of Elmira, go to www.cityofelmira.net/parking/.