All visitors to courthouses and other facilities in the New York State Unified Court System are required to submit to temperature screening and a COVID-19 risk assessment inquiry before being granted entrance. This includes parties, attorneys, witnesses, jurors, spectators, law enforcement officers, prisoners, vendors, and all other non-court system personnel.
You are required to wear your mask, maintain social distancing, and follow the health and safety instructions of court personnel.
You Should Not Enter the Courthouse if you:
- Have flu-like symptoms; or
- Have recently tested positive for COVID, or have been directed to quarantine, isolate or self-monitor at home for the coronavirus by any doctor, hospital, or health agency; or
- Have recently had close contact with a person testing positive for COVID (unless you are fully vaccinated or have yourself recently recovered from COVID*); or
- Have returned from international travel within the last 10 days (unless you returned 8-10 days ago and took a viral COVID test 3-5 days after your return**).
* If you are covered by this close contact exemption, please be prepared to provide proof of vaccination or recent recovery from COVID.
** If you are covered by this exemption, please be prepared to provide proof of your test results.
Please Note: The guidelines listed here are subject to amendment in accordance with changing directives of State and federal health authorities. Check back here for updates.Covid Policy Poster [pdf] Vaccinated Court Visitors Policy [pdf]
Expansion of Mandatory Electronic Filing
Please be advised of the following notice from the Chief Administrative Judge relating to the proposed expansion of mandatory E-Filing programs:
Richmond County Supreme Court - Expansino of Mandatory Electronic Filing [pdf]
Criminal Term Walk in Payments
The Criminal Term Supreme Court Clerk's Office is now accepting walk-in payments for fines and surcharges. The cashier will be available:
9AM to 1PM and 2PM to 4PM
Monday to Friday
Summary Bench Trial Pilot
The information sheet containg rules can be read here
Pilot SBT Information Sheet [pdf]
Welcome to the Supreme Court of New York, Richmond County.
Our new state-of-the-art Courthouse at 26 Central Avenue celebrated its grand opening on September 28, 2015.
Our two Matrimonial parts as well as the Matrimonial Clerks Office continue to operate at our historic building, located at 18 Richmond Terrace.
The Supreme Court Law Library is located at 25 Hyatt Street, Room 515, Staten Island, NY 10301.
Located at 60 Bay Street are the chambers of Justice William Mastro of the Appellate Division 2nd Department.
Administrative Judge For Civil & Criminal Matters
Hon. Desmond A. Green
Chief Clerk for Civil & Criminal Matters
Clerk of Operations
Clerk of Civil Term
Clerk of Criminal Term
Address & Phone
26 Central Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10301
If you have any questions or comments, please email email@example.com