If you have been assessed a fine and/or mandatory surcharge and/or Termination of License Suspension Fee, you must make payment by the date directed by the Court.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- money order or certified bank check payable to the Oneonta City Court
- applying bail monies to a fine (contact Court Office for information).
- credit cards (Mastercard and Visa only) Credit card authorization form (in Adobe)
Note: The Court does NOT accept personal checks.
Where to Pay
- in person at the Clerk's Office located in the City Court
- via mail. Do NOT send cash through the mail
If paying by credit card (Mastercard or Visa only) you can access the credit card payment form (in Adobe). The credit card authorization form can be mailed or filed in person at the City Court Clerk's Office. Credit Card payments are not accepted via the telephone.
Extension to Pay
If additional time is needed to pay a fine or surcharge, you must make a request in writing for an extension. Your request must indicate:
- the reason for the extension
- a date that you will be able to pay
- current MAILING address and telephone number
The Court will consider the request and notify you of the its decision.
Consequences of Failing to Pay
Failure to pay the fine and/or mandatory surcharge as directed will result in at least one of the following consequences to be imposed on a failure to pay a fine, surcharge or fee to the Court:
- Warrant for your arrest
- Suspension of your drivers license
- Imposition of an additional $70 fee on Vehicle and Traffic cases for each ticket
- Civil judgment filed with the County Clerk which will affect your credit rating