Articles and Commentary
- Gillers: "Lowering the Bar: How Lawyer Discipline in New York Fails to Protect the Public"
- Simon: "Confidential Disciplinary Proceedings & First Amendment - Part 1"
- Simon: "Confidential Disciplinary Proceedings & First Amendment - Part 2"
- Cozier: Podcast Interview with Judge Barry Cozier and transcript
- Abel: "Lawyers in the Dock: Learning from Attorney Disciplinary Proceedings"
- Abel: "Lawyers on Trial: Understanding Ethical Misconduct"
- Rosen/ Cohen of ABA Standing Committee on Professional Discipline: Aug. 11 letter to Commission
- Scalise: "Ethically Dealing with Clients, Witnesses and Attorneys with Diminished Capacity"
- July 28, 2015 Public Hearing in Albany
- Aug. 4, 2015 Public Hearing in Buffalo
- Aug. 11, 2015 Public Hearing in New York City
- Links to attorney disciplinary committees in New York State:
- Part 1200: Rules of Professional Conduct
- ABA: Model Rules for Lawyer Disciplinary Enforcement
- ABA: Standards for Imposing Lawyer Sanctions
- ABA: "Clark Report"--"Problems and Recommendations in Disciplinary Enforcement"
- California: Standards for Attorney Sanctions
- NYS Bar Association: Report and Recommendations Concerning Discovery in Disciplinary Proceedings
- NYC Bar: Adoption of a Unified Diversion Rule in New York's Attorney Disciplinary System